Customer events in El Salvador and Guatemala offer insight to maximize productivity of Ross birds
CAMPINAS, Brazil – Aviagen® Latin America today announced that it has sponsored two beneficial seminars for its customer IP-CMI Industria Pecuaria, a successful broiler producer in Central America. Both seminars focused on the best and most current management practices to maximize the genetic potential of Ross® parent stock and broiler birds.
On April 23 and 24 during sessions at the Courtyard Marriott San Salvador, El Salvador, Aviagen welcomed 65 IP-CMI guests, and again on April 26 and 27 in Hotel Soleil La Antigua, Guatemala, IP-CMI representatives attended another Aviagen seminar for 70 guests.
Both seminars offered IP-CMI participants management insight intended to help them achieve the best performance and productivity, while promoting the health and welfare of Ross birds.
After hosting similar events in March for IP-CMI customers in Honduras and Costa Rica, Aviagen has now had the opportunity to present this critical information to all IP-CMI operations.
Combination of theory and field sessions for enhanced quality
During the first day of each seminar, customers took part in hands-on field sessions, where they covered important topics such as optimum broiler management, incubation and male and female reproductive management.
The following day saw informative presentations led by top Aviagen and industry experts:
- An introduction and welcome by Juan Diez, Aviagen business manager for Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean (CAME)
- Female reproductive management by Jorge Amado, head of Technical Services for CAME
- Male reproductive management by Luis Pachon, Aviagen Technical Services manager for Central America and the Caribbean.
- Best practices for poultry management by Alvaro Uribe, industry consultant
- Antibiotic-free biosecurity by Rodrigo Espinosa, Aviagen regional veterinarian for North America and Latin America
- Broiler nutrition management by Sandro Cerrate, Aviagen nutritionist for North America and Latin America
Promoting business success, building relationships
“Our intention for both seminars was to offer knowledge to our valued IP-CMI customers that will serve to strengthen their business success with our Ross birds, which are enjoying widespread popularity in Latin America owing to their high performance and vitality,” said Diez.