New Ross 308 AP product builds market share as performance advances
CAMPINAS, Brazil – Pollo Cibao, an Aviagen® distributor of Ross® broiler-breeder parent stock in the Dominican Republic, hosted a successful customer seminar on Nov. 28 at the Hodelpa Gran Almirante Hotel in Santiago.
Pollo Cibao is a long-standing and valued distributor of Ross broiler-breeder parent stock (PS) poultry, and has recently began placing Ross 308 AP products. Ross 308 AP breeders and broilers continue to grow in popularity throughout the Dominican Republic for their high performance, strong growth rate and meat yield, and favorable feed efficiency.
Complete line-up of critical topics
Following a welcome and introduction by Andres Villasmil, director general of Pollo Cibao; Angel Estevez, minister of Agriculture in Dominican Republic; and Juan Diez, business manager for Aviagen in Central America, Mexico and Caribbean, the seminar featured a host of important topics chosen to help Pollo Cibao customers optimize the full genetic potential of Ross birds and increase their productivity for poultry production.
Delivered by Aviagen global specialists in poultry health and nutrition, biosecurity, incubation and flock management, the program offered:
- Aviagen genetic improvements and new products, Santiago Avendaño, global genetics director
- Female reproductive management, Jorge E. Amado, technical services manager
- Male reproductive management, Luis Pachon, technical services manager
- Avian health and disease prevention, Dr. Jose J. Bruzual, regional technical manager for Aviagen Latin America
- Panel discussion featuring experts on Avian Influenza and biosecurity
- Incubation update, Aline Kuntze, hatchery specialist
- Flock management, Alvaro Uribe, consultant hired by Aviagen
- Nutrition update, Sandro Cerrate, nutrition specialist
Aviagen speaks on seminar success
“We congratulate Pollo Cibao for a well-organized and informative seminar. The seminar provided a great opportunity for us to connect with our friends at Pollo Cibao, as well as their customers from throughout the Dominican Republic. We enjoyed the stimulating discussions and exchange of ideas, and look forward to meeting with them again,” said Diez.
“Aviagen enjoys a particularly strong presence in the Dominican Republic, as more customers are coming to realize the business benefits of producing new Ross 308 AP birds. With its strong performance results and top quality, the 308 AP will undoubtedly become a market leader in this region,” added Dr. Bruzual.