Seminar focused on nutrition and management for optimum performance of Ross 308 AP bird
CAMPINAS, Brazil – On April 12, Aviagen® Latin America hosted a successful Ross® seminar in Montevideo, Uruguay, offering 40 local customers important and up-to-date flock management advice. The seminar was held at Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel. The seminar was held at Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel and provided excellent opportunities for idea exchange and relationship building.
The presentations were designed to help customers optimize the performance and productivity of the highly popular Ross 308 AP parent breeding stock, while at the same time promoting bird health and welfare.
Rich agenda of nutrition and management discussion topics
The seminar focused on subjects of particular interest to poultry growers in Uruguay and throughout Latin America. Presented by Aviagen and industry experts, the presentations included:
- An overview of Aviagen and its owners the EW Group by Jairo Agostini, Aviagen sales manager
- Male management for good fertility by Osvaldo Bolinaga, Aviagen head of Technical Services for South America excluding Brazil (SAEB)
- Parent Stock nutrition and its impact on productivity by Aviagen Nutritionist Marcelo Silva
- The first 10 days of chick management for great results by Ilmo Nunes, Aviagen regional technical services supervisor
- Poultry flock management and its impact on the poultry industry by Jose Mauricio França, industry consultant
After each session, participants were given the opportunity to ask questions and exchange their input and ideas on the information presented.
“Aviagen has a strong tradition of sharing the latest poultry management knowledge with our customers to help support their success by maximizing the genetic potential of Ross birds,” said Agostini. “We have a long-standing relationship with customers in the Uruguayan poultry market, and are firmly committed to their success. This seminar was a great opportunity to further strengthen our common bonds with them.”
“The significant topics presented during the Uruguay seminar were intended to help our customers strengthen their knowledge and skills to ensure they get the absolute best performance from Ross birds,” said Osvaldo Bolinaga, head of Technical Services for Aviagen SAEB. “The seminar was very productive and successful, as we received many positive and congratulatory comments from customers.”