Information-rich seminar designed to help poultry producers tap into rich genetic potential of Ross broiler breeders
CAMPINAS, Brazil – Aviagen® recently welcomed 50 valued customers from throughout the country of Panama to an informative seminar at the Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort in the city of Coclé.
Held Nov. 30 to Dec. 1, the seminar featured the latest broiler management advice, as well as performance and R&D updates for Aviagen’s premier Ross® brand of broiler breeding stock. The Ross brand features a complete portfolio of products designed to meet diverse market needs worldwide.
Customers received a warm welcome to the seminar from Dr. José Bruzual, regional technical manager for Aviagen Latin America, and Juan Diez, Aviagen business manager for Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
In-depth program featuring nutrition, optimum flock management
The comprehensive program provided in-depth information on critical topics including:
- Aviagen genetic improvements and new products, Santiago Avendaño, global genetics director
- PS metabolic diseases prevention by Dr. José Bruzual, regional technical manager for Aviagen Latin America
- Hatchery management update, Aline Kuntze, hatchery specialist
- Breeder and broiler nutrition, Sandro Cerrate, nutrition specialist
- Female reproductive management, Jorge Amado, technical services manager
- Male reproductive management, Luis Pachon, technical services manager
- Broiler management, Alvaro Uribe, consultant
Market growth in Panama
“Aviagen has seen an upswing in our Panamanian business in recent years, which we owe to the advancing performance of the Ross 308 and Ross 308 AP, as well as to the fine stockmanship of our valued customers,” explained Bruzual.
“We’d like to express our gratitude to the customers in Panama for attending the seminar and for their continued loyalty to the Ross brand,” added Diez. “It was great to get to know them better, gain a greater understanding of the issues they face, and hear their ideas and suggestions.”