Event emphasizes best flock management practices and impressive performance of Ross 308 AP (AP95).
Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia – Aviagen® Latin America hosted an informative seminar for 30 representatives from valued Ross® 308 AP customer Avicola Sofía, May 9-11, in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
Customers throughout South America are realizing considerable productivity gains with the Ross 308 AP due to the broiler’s impressive performance, favorable feed conversion and high growth rate. The seminar focused on maximizing the Ross advantage by applying best management practices. The following topics were covered:
- Reproductive Physiology for Females and Males, Osvaldo Bolinaga, Aviagen technical services manager
- Female Management in Rearing and Production, Rodrigo D’Amen, Aviagen technical services manager
- Male Management in Rearing and Production, Ilmo Nunes, Aviagen technical services supervisor
- Importance of Feeding and Nutrition in Breeding, Sandro Cerrate, Aviagen nutritionist
- Feathering Issues Related to Development and Physiology, Pablo Schnettler, Aviagen technical services manager
- Egg Management, Jose Juan Bruzual, regional technical manager, Aviagen Latin America
- Feed Size and its Effect on Consumption Rate – How to Use Feed Sieves, Sandro Cerrate, Aviagen nutritionist
- Biosecurity and Disease Prevention, Jose Juan Bruzual, regional technical manager, Aviagen Latin America
- Ross 308 AP Results in Latin America, Jairo Agostini, Aviagen sales manager
The seminar concluded with a field visit to an Avicola Sofía site, where Aviagen and Sofia team members further discussed PS management and performance.
“Avicola Sofía is an exemplary Ross 308 AP customer, as they have been successful at demonstrating the peak performance levels possible with the Ross bird,” says Jairo Agostini, sales manager for Aviagen in Bolivia. “We appreciate the close cooperation we have with Avicola Sofía and value each and every opportunity to get together and share ideas that serve to benefit the health, welfare and performance of our Ross products.”
“The Avicola Sofía seminar was highly successful because it served to benefit an important customer, and gave the Aviagen team greater insight into a successful Ross 308 AP broiler production operation. We hope to build on this seminar with Avicola Sofía, extending it to a multicultural event on a global level,” adds Jose J. Bruzual, regional technical manager for Aviagen in Latin America.