Aviagen and JBS event strengthens relationship between two poultry industry leaders
Campinas, Sao Paulo – Brazil – Aviagen®, the global leader in poultry genetics, and JBS, the world’s largest meat processing company, teamed up to host a “Broilers and Breeders” workshop on Nov. 10 and 11 at the Hotel Slaviero Slim in Balneário Camboriú, Santa Catarina, Brazil. The event was designed to align business and innovation strategies between the two companies, and to explore the latest developments in the poultry industry.
Hosting 35 attendees, the event included the Aviagen Brazil team and JBS corporate and regional management from different locations in Brazil.
Aviagen Brazil addressed the following topics during the workshop:
- "Building high-performance breeding flocks" by Marco Aurélio Romagnole Araújo, Aviagen’s manager of Technical Services
- "Breeder nutrition" by Marcelo Silva, nutritionist
- "Infertility: research and solutions" by Fabiano Gonçalves, regional Technical Services supervisor
- "Hatch management: producing egg-quality embryos" by Anselmo Micheletti, GPS and PS technical manager
- "Genetic Perspectives and Trends of Aviagen Products" by Jane Grosso, product coordinator
In addition to these lectures, participants attended a team-building session, which provided an opportunity for JBS and Aviagen teams to collaborate on real-world problem-solving scenarios.
According to Abilio Alessandri, Aviagen's business manager in Brazil, "the event was an important opportunity to reinforce the strong relationship between Aviagen and JBS. These companies work together not only in Brazil but throughout the world to promote the success of customers and the greater poultry industry.”
For Gustavo Triques, GPS corporate manager of JBS, "partnerships are strengthened when both sides are committed to superior results and synergies. The workshop is a clear example of the strong partnership between JBS and Aviagen, and the commitment of both companies to promote best-practice business and management strategies.”